Boho Birthday (I'm 19!!!!!!!!)

Tuesday, November 22, 2016


19. What everyone perceives as an "insignificant" age, or at least not as significant as being 16, 18 or 21. I feel like being 19 would be -or feel no different than being 18 (other than legal drinking in Canada). But despite how horrible I make 19 sound, and I know it wouldn't, I'm grateful to have had gone through another birthday and spend it with all my loved ones! No matter what age you are or become, family & friends are the most important things you could possibly have.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Every year for my birthday, themes were always a must. When I turned 18, I had a Blanc party (all white attire). This year, I decided to have I bohemian themed! It was probably one of the best birthday parties I have ever had, in my opinion. In general, I love throwing on outfits that have a boho vibe to it. The flowers, the lace, the free spirited feel- I'm so here for it! It was also a really easy theme when it came to décor and attire. Although decorations weren't much of a time consumption for me considering I had just put up swirly stars on the ceiling, putting up flower wall stickers was already a great touch.

THE OUTFIT:
I love the flowy and swingy feel bohemian attire has. I was so excited to finally throw on my flowy chiffon maxi skirt from Nordstrom. It was a black mini pencil skirt attached in a open, flowy printed maxi. I love the originality of this skirt, cause' it's defs not your everyday maxi!

I then paired it with my crop top- also from Nordstrom. It's your typical black crop top plus a mini cutout on the center bottom of the top. I just thought detail and color was a perfect touch with the skirt and they coordinated better than I thought :)

And finally.. You can never go wrong with the flower crown ;)
When people say "bohemian" or "boho" your first thought would "oh! flower crowns!" Yes, my friend. Flower crowns for days. I am so in love with the one I had gotten from Claires. If you're trying to find the perfect flower crown, Claire's will literally do no wrong. They have so many selections and it was honestly so hard to pick just one! Mine was a simple (but full) baby blue flower crown that had a double lace thread hanging from the back of the crown, and let me tell you.. I could wear it every single day of my life if I could.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Overall, I had such a blast and I am so thankful for my friends and family who helped make my birthday an AMAZING one! I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the photos from the party :)

xoxo,
Sarah






You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Thank you so much my dear :D

    OMG seems to be so funny. I hope you enjoyed :D

    NEW BRANDING POST | DW: Classic Rose Gold and Black Sheffield + Classic Cuff.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so cool pic. Happy b-day Sweety xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy B-day!!

    https://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete