I’M BACK! + Why I’ve been MIA on the Blog.

Wednesday, February 07, 2018


It has been much too long, guys. But, I am super excited to be able to say that I am finally making a real return to the blogging world... It's been a over a full year since my last post!

___________________________________________

A question that I get asked frequently by many people is, "So, what are your hobbies?" or "What do you like to do for fun?" and as sad as it sounds, I couldn't give them a definite answer. Now, before you think I'm a total introvert who isolates herself in her room and binge watches on TV shows (okay, thats me SOMETIMES)- there's many things I enjoy doing but it was difficult for me as I was trying to think what I was truly passionate about. What the hell am I even passionate about? 

I started blogging when I was sixteen. I was a total fashionista (still am) and was extremely inspired by many different Fashion & Lifestyle bloggers which I strived to be like. I sometimes look back at my old posts and cringe so hard that I want to delete them so bad, but, it's kinda nice to read what was going through my head and all the ideas I had because I know exactly how I felt the moment I started typing up a post. It was something I looked forward to everyday after school! Since I started blogging, you could say it's been my hobby. Was it something I had always taken my time off to do? No. For any bloggers out there, you know the struggle of inconsistency... life gets in the way and there was just so much to do and other things to prioritize at the time- especially being sixteen and in High School. Although I wasn't consistent, it's something that I had really taken interest in and started up a post whenever I had free time in an attempt to be better at maintaining my fashion blog. Being totally motivated to open up my creative mind by being inspired by the many Fashion & Lifestyle gurus, I was intrigued by many little aspects of blogging- organization, the many different formats/layouts, photo shoots & poses, and the overall success blogging has lead to people. If there’s anything I wish I could have kept in mind before having a huge absence is that everyone starts somewhere and I didn’t need some sort of fancy camera to be "successful" which explains a huge part of my absence in the first place, So TBH, I held back from blogging- although it would have been nice and helpful, and a super precise and formal formatted post- a main reason it’s nice to look back at what younger me posted. It was (still is) definitely a dream to make a living out of blogging, but as for now, the main thing I want is to share all my ideas focused on fashion and lifestyle :-)

Fast forward to the present

2017 was also one crazy ass year. I started a new job, relationships had started, relationships had ended, I became an Aunt and I even adopted two bunnies. I started working for Nordstrom and it has taken a good chunk of my time as it’s kept me productive and busy. Working there has taught me so much not only from selling, management and fashion tips but it's definitely boosted up my comfort zone to be more open-minded and confident in what I do and in myself, and because of that I feel more empowered and motivated which is actually a dramatic change and positive transition into the new year, ESPECIALLY the fashion portion. Now, like I said, I've always been a total fashionista but working in such a pretty classy, high-fashion environment, you definitely keep up with major trends, discover varieties of styles and eventually tend to dress in ways you at one point never thought you would (in the most positive way of course!) and it only makes sense to share my OOTD's and styling ideas on the blog. ;) I'm pretty sure anyone who works in the retail industry knows it is so dangerous and will take affect on your self-control... MY self-control, haha. All the pretty clothes, jewelry, accessories, etc! How can you resist?!

Despite the ups, downs and overall major changes in my life that occurred within the last year, I've always found myself wanting to get back to blogging. It's my own personal journal of radical discovery of myself. I can't wait to share with all of you my upcoming posts as I vow to myself and everyone else to stay consistent (she said for the millionth time but forreal though)! Oh, how I've missed sitting down and just typing away my ideas and thoughts.

Be sure to stay tunes for any upcoming posts coming very soon. Also, feel free to leave a suggestion in the comment box anything you'd like to see!)

xoxo,
Sarah












You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Wow girl that's crazy. I'm a 16 year old fashion blogger, and i know life can get in the way of stuff sometimes. It's awesome you're back, just keep doing it girl no matter how busy you are.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogging world! :) I can totally relate to needing self control when working in a department store! I am suspired I ever made any money when I did . Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and yes,that's retail for ya'!

      xx,
      Sarah

      Delete