Mushy time: If there's anything I learned this year..

Saturday, March 21, 2015

This post is more different than what I usually and intend to post, but I just wanted to share with you guys real quick on important information I learned from my own self that I feel many people should acknowledge and apply to their life as well. Hey, this might even be an opportunity to take a closer look at what it's like in my life.

The past- we all have things we still look back on and totally dread our actions, or laugh at them and play it off. But if you're like me, it may be more difficult. Thinking about something you did in the past that makes you cringe and want nothing more than to go back in time knowing what you know now is all you constantly think and crave of doing.
I'm not gonna sit here and say I still don't think about my not-so-great actions in the past and want to cringe and sometimes even punch myself in the face for it, but I realized- as cliche and cheesy as it sounds, everything is a lesson. Personally, I think that's what triggered my depressed state for a good chunk amount of my time- not realizing that it's okay, and all I needed to do was simply do something about it. You learn from everything you do to know what you feel is right and what you feel is wrong. Take it as a reference and apply it to your life and your knowledge of choices and decisions. No one is perfect (another cliche) to know what is the absolute right thing to do. What do you think is right? Well, do it. Live the moment and evaluate it later.

I'm not afraid to get up close and personal with you guys but is it sad to say that I've already been through many, many, many ups and down's this year as we're only in the 3rd month of 2015? Sadly and honest to say, plenty of them have been downs. Don't get me wrong, I've had some pretty awesome up's- maybe even the some of the most memorable time(s) of my life. Something all these events have in common had involved other individuals and my overall humanly surroundings. Here's another fun fact- I have low tolerance with people. Okay, maybe not straight on intolerance of people in general but that fact I have absolutely no patience whatsoever. This is already a whole summed up explanation as to why I had plenty down's this year. Recap: 1) My intolerance of people.
Negativity, something I always seem to draw to the side of. Me in general, sad to say I was always one to point out all the negative things in something. I believe positivity is one of the most powerful and contagious form of energy there is. It's amazing how one can cause such an effect on another just by a simple behavior. Generally simple things like saying "hi", using your manners or just giving a smile make huge differences in someones perspective that honestly, dramatically affects their outlook on you that spread to other individuals which I think is what's so beautiful and powerful about positive energy.

Imagine how much more lively our surroundings would be if everyone puts in an effort to do the littlest things to make a change for the better in community of individuals, ourselves and the world in general. Little is always a huge impact.

ALL IN ALL, this post may have helped you, found it touching, inspiring or it may have not applied to you at all- but I hope you all remember these things and to keep embedded in your minds. You'll be surprised to see how applicable and helpful they are during hardships. Everything is a learning lesson and you just have to stay positive.


"Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A 'you can do it' when things are tough." - Richard M. DeVos

xoxo,
Sarah

You Might Also Like

0 comments