My Fave Apps As A Wannabe Interior Designer

Thursday, September 26, 2019

It wasn’t until recently that I decided Interior Design is my calling. I have always been so intrigued by design and the idea of creating a unique and personalized environment and turning a house into a home. 
My boyfriend and I are almost three months in living in our current rental apartment and we are absolutely loving it so far! Months prior to move-in day, I would consistently pull all-nighters to strategize and plan what furniture & decor I was planning on getting and where it would potentially be placed. Heck, we didn’t even officially have an apartment yet! 
Although I was rather limited to what I could put together for my make-believe interior vision, it gave a sense of freedom and ability to utilize my creative spirit through the magic of technology and it’s many platforms to expend ideas and inspo- which is why I’m going to be sharing my absolute favorite apps that give me the inspiration for style and what I use to design!


  1. Houzz
Houzz is my go-to application to design and document all of my ideas. They offer a huge selection of templates, blank canvases or even a photo of your room from your camera roll to personalize electronically! They have all the furniture and decor you could possibly think of in terms of type, style, texture and material so you can create your dream home exactly how you envision it. Aside from hands-on design, you can browse millions of beautiful photos for inspo by room & theme and find the right design and construction professionals. Absolutely perfect for those who are planning to remodel! Check out my portfolio section to view my designs made via Houzz!
2. DecorMatters
Very, very similar to Houzz and also features a hands-on design tool to e-furnish empty space with furniture and decor which accomplishes just as awesome. They have the cutest and trendiest selection of items to scale onto your design. DecorMatters offers a bigger variety of room templates and will sometimes include existing defaulted amenities/furniture and decor which is great if you want ideas for example accents to potentially utilize. When you first open the app and come across the homepage, your feed is automatically filled with recent e-designs made by other app users. It’s so cool to see how others will completely remodel and fully furnish an empty room!

You Might Also Like

0 comments