Simple and Casual

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Hi guys! I know- no surprise, It's been quite a while since I've posted :( It's been a mixture of a hectic schedule between work, classes and other shenanigans. I know right? What could a 17-year-old girl in high school possibly have going on to the point where I don't even have time to post a mini article? Well, since the last time I've posted, so much has happened. Some were possibly one of the best times, and others- not so much. But I'm just gonna say, I'm so very grateful and appreciative to have such supportive friends and family to get me through all the hardships. (Real MVP's)

Since I'm on break from school for a week and done with work for the day, I decided to pick myself up pints of Talenti, light some candles, put on a face mask, post a lil', and watch some Netflix. Oh how I've missed this routine. As bad as it sounds, I can't remember the last time I felt this relaxed and had the opportunity to have actual me time. But lemme just say, this is the life and I have missed it so much.

Lately, considering I've been rather more limited in places to go and occasions to actually dress nice to, I've been dressing up pretty simple and minimalistic. If you know me personally, you'd know I love to dress up all the time. But lately it's all just been mostly going out to run some errands or quick lunch outings. I think I've been so used to the limitation of places to go that my style has adapted to just that. And no, I'm not talking about sweat pants, hair tied and chillin' with no makeup on (just as amazing as that sounds), I still like to look like I made an effort in decency for public viewing. By that, I could just throw on some jeans and an oversized tee and call it a day. Personally, when going out for a while to run errands or any other outing, I would never wear sweat pants. That's just me and has always been me! As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I talked about how accessorizing can make a huge difference in an outfit as a statement. WHICH, is exactly what I do when I go out (and is limited in places to go)



Not necessarily would I always wear heels for a casual outing because let's be real, those shoes and my feet won't always work out. On a casual day out, I prefer the comfiest on my feet. Nor, would I necessarily always prefer a plain white tee or button up, Patterns and textures are just as good to throw on as a go-to (it takes about the same effort as if throwing on a normal one- a few seconds at the most!) You also can't go wrong with statement necklaces. Again, if you know me personally, you know I'm obsessed with the big, poppy, stand-out statement necklaces. They really come in handy when wanting to look like you actually made an effort to look good. You can always get the easy way out of it :)

xoxo,
Sarah


You Might Also Like

0 comments